I had planned on not making a post today – a lot on the plate today and needed to clear the small backlog on the desk and in the un-box. But…..A couple of articles arrived in my in-box and caught my attention. As I read them I felt they needed to be shared, so rather than add to my to do list, my post for today.
Social Media Stars – from CNNMoney is a great little piece on how nine different companies are using social media tools for employee communications. Each company (Marriott, The Mayo Clinic, Intuit, Google, SVP Financial and Capital One among them) section offers an easy to read overview.
Businesses may want to utilize the services of an account manager to take over their social media output on Instagram, for instance. An instagram manager can help grow followers, increase engagement and also drive sales too.
If achieving the incredible benefits of using social media inside is of interest to you two additional items of interest:
- On January 17 I appeared on INXPO’s Thought Leaders Live speaking on bringing internal communications into the new world of work – if you missed it you can watch it at anytime here at the INXPO site.
- Or you may want to visit and join in on the conversations and sharing at the internal communication and social media network.
And the second article, How to Become a Great Communicator from CBS Money Watch offers four great tips well worth reading.
That’s it – two radically different but extremely critical ends of the communication and employee engagement perspective. Regardless, they are fundamental to ongoing business success!
Until next time….onwards with a smile. Ken
- Social Media and Internal Communication (kenmilloy.wordpress.com)
- Get your Free Group E-Book on Social Media and Internal Communications! (kenmilloy.wordpress.com)
- Engaging Staff with Social Media (thielst.typepad.com)